#76 in 76 Round Two
Today, October 27th, 2019 we will have 76 days until the January 11th NRA Board Meeting in Tysons Corner, Virginia. Look for each director to be showcased on our Facebook Page between now and the board meeting.
By Ron Carter
October 26, 2019
On June 27th, 2019 Save the Second launched a campaign called 76 in 76. The idea was to encourage NRA members who have concerns about their NRA to contact their seventy-six NRA Board of Directors in the days leading up to the next Board meeting. Needless to say, a lot happened during those 76 days. Unfortunately, the board has largely ignored us and the NRA has had no accountability for the multiple failures it has experienced. Today, it is time for #76in76RoundTwo.
On this round, rather than merely encouraging you to send messages to the directors, we encourage you to send a list of your grievances and your demanding for change. It became clear to us during the September board meeting that the NRA Board is largely unaware of the problems or they are merely listening to the executives, assuming that they have “taken care” of the problems rather than holding the executives accountable. At the end of the day, holding the executives accountable for their failures is what the board has needed to do and not done.
Please join us in sending messages to our NRA directors. We are in desperate need of a strong, relevant, effective and accountable National Rifle Association without spot or wrinkle washed in the cleansing will of an NRA board that gives a faithful accounting to the members of whom they serve. You can find the entire list of the NRA BoD Contacts under Reforming The NRA – Take Action – Contacting Your NRA BoD
Today, October 27th, 2019 we will have 76 days until the January 11th NRA Board Meeting in Tysons Corner, Virginia. Look for each director to be showcased on our Facebook Page between now and the board meeting. Of course, there were resignations that haven’t been filed (Thanksgiving and Christmas will get a pass), but the board is supposed to have 76 directors according to the bylaws, so it is still the #76in76. Below is a sample of what you could use to send to these directors. We encourage you to make it your own, these are your directors that supposedly work for the members.
Dear Director ___________,
My NRA has been unaccountable to its members. It has wasted our members’ dues and donations and has been driven to the brink of disaster thanks to the failed leadership of the NRA executives and directors in their negligence, irresponsibility, or malfeasance in,
- The multi-million dollar Carry Guard disaster.
- The wasting of money on unnecessary luxury private jet travel.
- The wasting of money on 1/4 million dollar suits for one executive.
- The wasting of money on an attempted mansion purchase.
- The wasting of money on a singular legal firm for little benefit.
- The inexcusable liability of a currently employed executive who has had repeated allegations of sexual harassment.
- The retroactive authorizations of expenditures for insiders.
- The lack of attendance and participation of directors.
- The multiple lawsuits against an advertising agency that made decisions on behalf of the NRA.
- The disregard of seeing passed any pro-second amendment legislation when the entire US Government had the political ability to do so.
- The demonization of the board candidate with the highest amount of votes in the 2019 director election.
- The demonization of the previous ILA leadership.
- The multiple potentially criminal investigations into our NRA.
- The multiple resignations of directors.
- The lack of the Board to hold anyone responsible/accountable for these habitual disasters.
It is my wish that the NRA board provide immediate reform of the NRA leadership, leadership structure, and bylaws to ensure that these destructive occurrences never happen again in my National Rifle Association. At minimum, an independent audit, conducted to show the value of our dues and donations which have been spent by the executives, must be conducted. The risks our NRA is facing far outweighs the blind allegiance given to a failure-ridden NRA leadership. The board cannot be accountable by being unaccountable to its members. I am the NRA and my NRA needs reform now!
NRA Member # ________________
(Name of Board member)
NRA Office of the Secretary
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR call (703) 267 – 1021
Please include your name, membership I.D. number as only communications from NRA members will be forwarded.