It's time for change.
Historically, the NRA has urged us all to look the other way whenever scandals came to light. It’s easy to ignore troubling reports from media outlets with obvious biases. However, recent scandals have come to light that are well-sourced, well documented, and much less easily dismissed. Some of the most damning revelations have emerged in plain sight for NRA members to witness first-hand, so there’s no more room to blame the media. This is why we decided to stop ignoring these problems and demand change.
YOU BE THE JUDGE
Given the sheer volume of information swirling around, we have compiled some of the information here for anyone who wishes to review it. Click the links below to learn more about what prompted Save the Second to take action. Then you can judge for yourself what to believe or not.
NRA General Documents
NRA Court Filings
- NRA v. Oliver North – NRA’s Complaint
- NRA v. Oliver North – North’s Answer and Counterclaim
- NRA v. Ackerman McQueen – Lawsuit #1 (NRA’s Complaint)
- NRA v. Ackerman McQueen – Lawsuit #2 (NRA’s Complaint)
- NRA v. Ackerman McQueen – Lawsuit #2 (Ackerman’s Answer and Counterclaim)
- NRA v. New York (NRA’s complaint re: insurance regulations)
- NRA v. Lockton Affinity (NRA’s complaint re: Carry Guard program)
- Dell’Aquila v. NRA (Dell’Aquila’s class action lawsuit against LaPierre and more)
- Julie Golob Resigns From NRA Board of Directors (via Truthaboutguns.com)
- Owen Buz Mills’ Open Letter (John Richardson)
- Three NRA Board Members Calling for Independent Audit Resign (via The Hill)
- Board Member Joel Freidman Speaks Out on NRA’s Record (via Ammoland)
- Statement from Board Member Marion Hammer re: Committee Assignments (posted on John Richardson’s blog)
- “The Demise of the NRA Has Been Greatly Exaggerated,” by Tom King (via Ammoland)
- Statement from Board Member Col. Robert Brown re: His Removal from Committees
- Statement from Board Member Duane Liptak re: His Removal from Committees
- Statement from Board Member Sean Maloney re: His Removal from Committees
- Post from Board Member Esther Schneider re: Her Removal from Committees
- Statement from Board Member Col. Allen West re: re: His Removal from Committees
- Statement from Board Member Tim Knight re: re: His Removal from Committees
- Statement from NRA President Carolyn Meadows, et al.
- Statement from Ackerman McQueen re: Terminating Business with NRA
- Open Letters to the NRA Board (Ammoland)
- Statement Regarding the NRA by NRA Board Member Col. Allen West
- Letter Shows Ackerman Issuing New Broadside Against NRA Fundraiser (Talking Points Memo)
- Does Anyone In Fairfax Believe In Due Diligence? (John Richardson)
- Check for Dallas Mansion Raises New Questions About NRA Plans (Wall Street Journal)
- NRA Chief Sought Purchase of $6 Million Mansion in Wake of Parkland Shooting (Washington Post)
- NRA Board Members Call for Independent Investigation (CNN)
- Floundering NRA Struggles to Maintain Election Influence (CNN)
- Can Disgruntled High-Dollar Donors Force a Reckoning at the NRA? (Talking Points Memo)
- DC Attorney General Subpoenaes NRA and NRA Foundation (Washington Post)
- NRA Donor Directs Revolt Against Wayne LaPierre (New York Times)
- NRA Pulls the Plug on NRATV (Fox News)
- Who is MJP? (John Richardson)
- Top NRA Executive Chris Cox Resigns (ABC News)
- New Gun Rights Campaign Seeks to Reform the Scandal-Plagued NRA (The Trace)
- NRA TV Imperiled as Ad Firm Demands Immediate Payment (Bloomberg News)
- Former Longtime NRA CFO Woody Phillips Caught Embezzling Before Joining the NRA (The New Yorker)
- NRA Sues Ackerman a Second Time (AdWeek)
- NRA Money Flowed to Board Members Amid Allegedly Lavish Spending (Washington Post)
- Secrecy, Self-Dealing, and Greed at the NRA (The New Yorker)
- Ackerman Releases Statement (News 9 Oklahoma City)
- Pete Brownell Resigns from NRA Board (Washington Post)
- Legal Mess is Killing Fundraising for NRA Operations (Ammoland)
- NRA Awarded Contracts to Firms with Ties to Top Officials (Wall Street Journal)
- NRA Executive’s Trail of Business Flops and Unpaid Debts (The Trace)
NRA Suspensions/Resignations (2019)
More to Come...
This page was last updated on August 21st, 2019.
Please feel free to bookmark this page and check back occasionally. We’ll do our best to continue adding links here as they become available. We hope you find this to be a useful resource.
Do you have something to add?
If you have a relevant, credible document, post, or article you’d like to share for publication on this page, please let us know. Thanks in advance for your help!