Putting Pen to Paper
The first bylaw amendment we will propose is Director Attendance Requirements. To put this amendment up for a vote at the next Board of Directors meeting, we need 250 signatures from voting-eligible members. The meeting is scheduled for September 13-14, 2019 in Anchorage, Alaska. In order to ensure that we have plenty of time to circulate the proposal among the Directors, we need all 250 signatures no later than August 1, 2019. If you support attendance requirements for the NRA Directors, please add your signature to our petition.
Here's what to do...
- Download the instructions (see below).
- Download the petition (see below).
- Fill out the petition, following the instructions precisely.
- Make sure all information matches the info on file at the NRA.
- Don’t forget to sign and date.
- Mail the petition with all signatures back to us by August 1st (envelopes and labels provided below for your convenience). Here’s the address:
Save the Second
383 Corona Street
Denver, CO 80218
- Cross your fingers!
- Questions? Have a special circumstance and need a petition mailed out to you? Contact us.
Deadline to Sign: August 1st
Ready for the next one?
Save the Second has set five working goals for the near term: smaller board, term limits, director attendance requirements, member engagement, and Second Amendment focus. Several of those goals can be achieved by amending the NRA bylaws. We’re starting with director attendance, but we hope to propose additional amendments very soon.
As the amendment proposals are finalized, we will post them here for supporters to download, sign, and mail back to us. Would you like to be notified as soon as the next amendment proposal is published for signatures? Please fill out the short form below to join our email list, and you’ll be among the first to know. Thanks!